Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

A book review may be a primary source, opinion piece, summary review or scholarly review.
Post Reply
User avatar
John Upham
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Post by John Upham » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:24 pm

BCN has reviewed

Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

by IM Cyrus Lakdawala

from Everyman Chess

http://britishchessnews.com/2023/02/26/ ... -tarrasch/


_______________________71Bm02RthXL.jpg
Opening Repertoire: Queen’s Gambit Declined: Tarrasch, Cyrus Lakdawala, Everyman Chess (16 Jan. 2023), ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1781946961
_______________________71Bm02RthXL.jpg (222.28 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Nick Ivell
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Post by Nick Ivell » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:15 pm

I've never played it, but I like the idea of ...Bc5. I believe Black is just worse after ... Be7, and nowadays no one, not the merest club player, would play a move as anodyne as Petrosian's Nb3.

Paul Cooksey
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Post by Paul Cooksey » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:19 pm

Although one of advantages of ...Be7 is it can be played against everything except 1. e4. A couple of people got to IM level using the Quality Chess book as the core of their repertoire.

I would have been interested in how good the ...Bc5 move orders chapter is, although I am probably not the authors target audience.

Post Reply