BCN has reviewed
Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch
by IM Cyrus Lakdawala
from Everyman Chess
http://britishchessnews.com/2023/02/26/ ... -tarrasch/
Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Nick Ivell
- Posts: 1471
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch
I've never played it, but I like the idea of ...Bc5. I believe Black is just worse after ... Be7, and nowadays no one, not the merest club player, would play a move as anodyne as Petrosian's Nb3.
-
Paul Cooksey
- Posts: 2044
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch
Although one of advantages of ...Be7 is it can be played against everything except 1. e4. A couple of people got to IM level using the Quality Chess book as the core of their repertoire.
I would have been interested in how good the ...Bc5 move orders chapter is, although I am probably not the authors target audience.
I would have been interested in how good the ...Bc5 move orders chapter is, although I am probably not the authors target audience.