Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
-
Joshua Gibbs
Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Hi does anyone else bet on chess?
I bet both online and in real life....
I bet both online and in real life....
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
I will have a flutter on Magnus in the next world championship match.
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
What odds would you have got on betting that half way into the candidates we are yet to see a Berlin Wall? 1,000,000-1?
- Michael Mkpadi
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Ok I don't bet on chess but I was contacted by a betting firm who wanted a chess consultant to help them work out how to "arrange their product for optimal impact on routes to market". I don't know what made me a candidate for that role but I was running a chess tournament news feed at the time I suppose.
Would I bet on chess? No. Chess is fixed....lol seriously what with the Berlin defence, players playing safe and Agon hiding the moves I'd rather not.
Would I bet on chess? No. Chess is fixed....lol seriously what with the Berlin defence, players playing safe and Agon hiding the moves I'd rather not.
Chess is a conversation. At Chess Club Live everyone can join that conversation whatever your elo rating.

http://social.chessclublive.com

http://social.chessclublive.com
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Which firm was that?
- Paolo Casaschi
- Posts: 1194
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 am
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
No.
Betting is a very bad idea, on chess or anything else.
Betting is a very bad idea, on chess or anything else.
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Hi Joshua - looks like the Reds failed to cover you. Small time betting is fine if it's under control but we have all heard about gambling addiction. My father spent a good deal of money and most of his time betting on horse racing and won some very significant amounts - but there was the downside and let me tell you that was no fun.
Joshua - could you also think about removing some, at least, of all of this stuff that you put under every post. You are accepted here without it all.
Joshua - could you also think about removing some, at least, of all of this stuff that you put under every post. You are accepted here without it all.
-
Joshua Gibbs
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
lol... Hope Karjakin and Anand win now!
John - I just like to tell people who I am so they know my perspective on things.
John - I just like to tell people who I am so they know my perspective on things.
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Yes - but it's half a screen full every time! Too much. What you say in your posts will give people a fairly good idea of your perspective - I mean we now know you like a bet.
- Joey Stewart
- Posts: 2173
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
- Location: All Of Them
- Contact:
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Where are you finding places to give you odds on this - I thought bookies pretty much only did football and horse racing.
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.
- IM Jack Rudd
- Posts: 5177
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am
- Location: Bideford
- Contact:
Re: Does anyone else Bet on Chess?
Betfair and the like, probably. There are loads of different things you can bet on on the betting sites.
