http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
I've got a system
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
I've got a system
Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
-
Clive Blackburn
Re: I've got a system
Surely this story should have been published a day earlier on April 1st? 
- Christopher Kreuzer
- Posts: 10981
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
- Location: London
Re: I've got a system
It's you?!?Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet?![]()
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
Oh, hang on, late 1960s? I thought you said late 1990s. My mistake...
Was Bill Hartston at the Candidates Tournament? I thought I saw him, though there were so many chess IMs and GMs and journalists and assorted others around that it was hard to move an inch without falling over someone you recognised, and that was even before seeing team-mates and people I knew there. I think I even saw Kirsan there again on the last day.
Does the system work?
-
Simon Brown
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm
- Location: Quarndon, Derbyshire, if not in Costa Calida, Spain
Re: I've got a system
My system works better. And I won £600
-
Nick Thomas
- Posts: 456
- Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 pm
Re: I've got a system
Yes.Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Does the system work?Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet?![]()
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
(Company marketing department + willing, and possibly well paid, mathematician) x dodgy frivolous equation = cheap publicity