I've got a system

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Post Reply
Matthew Turner
Posts: 3617
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

I've got a system

Post by Matthew Turner » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html

Clive Blackburn

Re: I've got a system

Post by Clive Blackburn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Surely this story should have been published a day earlier on April 1st? :roll:

User avatar
Christopher Kreuzer
Posts: 10981
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
Location: London

Re: I've got a system

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
It's you?!? :shock:

Oh, hang on, late 1960s? I thought you said late 1990s. My mistake... 8)

Was Bill Hartston at the Candidates Tournament? I thought I saw him, though there were so many chess IMs and GMs and journalists and assorted others around that it was hard to move an inch without falling over someone you recognised, and that was even before seeing team-mates and people I knew there. I think I even saw Kirsan there again on the last day.

Does the system work?

David Robertson

Re: I've got a system

Post by David Robertson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm

No

Simon Brown
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Quarndon, Derbyshire, if not in Costa Calida, Spain

Re: I've got a system

Post by Simon Brown » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 pm

My system works better. And I won £600

Nick Thomas
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: I've got a system

Post by Nick Thomas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:
Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
Does the system work?
Yes.

(Company marketing department + willing, and possibly well paid, mathematician) x dodgy frivolous equation = cheap publicity :(

Post Reply