John Upham wrote:Keeping my ears firmly to the ground (hoping for a post December 15th update) has revealed the latest (and possibly the craziest) solution to our lack of sets woes.
A board member recently suggested (I won't embarrass the suggestee(?)) the following wonderful idea :
The ECF should utilise the UKs prison population to move on from the sewing and production of GPO mail bags to the production of chess sets for schools.
Near to myself, every monday morning at 10am I am reminded of the nearby home of the likes of Peter Sutcliffe and Dennis Andrew Nielsen due to the sounding of the Broadmoor siren. Maybe they could use the siren to signal the start of production?
I kid you not!
I await your feedback on this fantastic (yes, the use of the word fantastic is appropriate for once) development.
I have asked the Basingstoke Two (DA and CM) for a post visit update.
Aren't the serial killers mentioned the Yorkshire Ripper and the Black Panther both from Bradford. Could that be the start of something?
All I did was my best, but the world changed and so did the ECF Board (thank god) but that change stopped the sponsorship deals in the pipe line. Why you ask...... Well because one of the biggest selling points about this whole project was how many people were interested in it. So I did tell every (and I mean EVERY) possible sponsor to "Google" "250000 Chess Sets" try it and see. You will at some point end up here, infact right to this very post. Yes the fact that the MAIN Sponsors Sales Director ended up posting was nothing to most, he had just lost £30k from a large Banking company because of the coverage of the Mass resignations and told you all so at the time. But I managed to keep the Sponsor who was in charge of me in place right until a competitor became my boss. I have still have no problem with IM Andrew Martin but the Renaissance Academy Board and Potential Board do have problems with a competitor being my boss.
So Evidence of Sponsorship lose is really easy but I still believe all the forum people was (or Where) right to post is down to free speech, and I believe that was for the team to work around. It proved harder than you will ever believe. My shelf life was only 10 Months from the start date of the 17th December 2007 but I think I ended up over that due to my passion for the possible outcomes.
Now I only do whats on my doorstep and internationally.(Without England and the ECF)
If you guys want to know who went by the wayside due to this Forum, it was Parcel Force. But to this day it was only because I hadn't warned them what strange people chess players are, GOD forbid Parcel Force had met some. If you want to know what I mean just look at what your writing and what follows this post.