FIDE Master chess coaching
-
Alex Therrien
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 am
- Location: Sussex
- Contact:
FIDE Master chess coaching
Hi,
I am a FIDE Master and chess coach with more than 5 years' teaching experience, and am always interested in speaking to new students.
I offer coaching online and in person in the Sussex area, and have a website, which contains articles for players of different levels, as well as blog postings about my chess experiences.
I am an experienced chess player who has played in the British Championship and other international competitions, and have beaten various strong players, including a Grand Master and multiple IMs.
To go to my website and get in touch with me, visit http://chesstutor.co.uk
Thanks,
Alex
I am a FIDE Master and chess coach with more than 5 years' teaching experience, and am always interested in speaking to new students.
I offer coaching online and in person in the Sussex area, and have a website, which contains articles for players of different levels, as well as blog postings about my chess experiences.
I am an experienced chess player who has played in the British Championship and other international competitions, and have beaten various strong players, including a Grand Master and multiple IMs.
To go to my website and get in touch with me, visit http://chesstutor.co.uk
Thanks,
Alex
Last edited by Alex Therrien on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
For advice on chess at all levels, and to speak about private coaching. Visit my website http://chesstutor.co.uk
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Alex,Alex Therrien wrote: My website is http://chesstutor.co.uk
Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
Last edited by John Upham on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
He probably doesn't John, but I assume that your classes in sarcasm are still going strong?John Upham wrote: Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
They are as popular as ever churning out top students every year : fancy enrolling?Sean Hewitt wrote:He probably doesn't John, but I assume that your classes in sarcasm are still going strong?John Upham wrote: Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Ian Thompson
- Posts: 4280
- Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 pm
- Location: Awbridge, Hampshire
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
This would be to help you with the Border League website?John Upham wrote:Alex,Alex Therrien wrote: My website is http://chesstutor.co.uk
Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
"2011-04-04 : Minor changes made the size of the frame for the main site to take into modern day screen resolution."
-
Geoff Chandler
- Posts: 3822
- Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 pm
- Location: Under Cover
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Hi Alex.
Site looks OK to me, the lads are just joshing.
One thing though, the font is very light can it be darkened
light grey on white is not very inviting.
In the end I highlighted everything because I wanted to read it,
others, first time browsers may be put off.
Good Luck.
Site looks OK to me, the lads are just joshing.
One thing though, the font is very light can it be darkened
light grey on white is not very inviting.
In the end I highlighted everything because I wanted to read it,
others, first time browsers may be put off.
Good Luck.
-
Alex Therrien
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 am
- Location: Sussex
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Thanks Geoff, very helpful. I'll try to sort it out.
For advice on chess at all levels, and to speak about private coaching. Visit my website http://chesstutor.co.uk
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Apologies Alex for my sarcastic post. I was merely alluding to the incorrect domain in your post and couldn't resist!Alex Therrien wrote:Thanks Geoff, very helpful. I'll try to sort it out.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
Carl Hibbard wrote:The URL looks right to me John, are you sure
Originally it was http://www.chesstutor.co.uk/ but it has been corrected.
Even my quotation of the error has been corrected but not by me.
On the other hand, phpMyAdmin is so easy to use even when hacking the db sitting behind phpBB!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
I never use phpMyAdmin as it's about the most targetted most insecure thing there isJohn Upham wrote:On the other hand, phpMyAdmin is so easy to use even when hacking the db sitting behind phpBB!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: FIDE Master chess coaching
I was led to believe that was the Ford Escort, Mk. 3 or Vauxhall Astra. 1980s Fords were amongst the most targetted insecure thing there is apart from paranoid persons.Carl Hibbard wrote: I never use phpMyAdmin as it's about the most targetted most insecure thing there is
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess