Congress Bookstalls
-
James Pratt
- Posts: 731
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm
Congress Bookstalls
I am trying to put together a list of congress bookstalls.
I start the ball rolling with Francis Bowers, TCS, Manchester Chess Supplies, Chess & Bridge, Hexagon, Chess Direct...
Help me get a comprehensive picture please.
James Pratt
BCM ET
I start the ball rolling with Francis Bowers, TCS, Manchester Chess Supplies, Chess & Bridge, Hexagon, Chess Direct...
Help me get a comprehensive picture please.
James Pratt
BCM ET
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: Congress Bookstalls
CCF
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
-
Paul Dupré
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 pm
- Location: Sutton, Surrey
Re: Congress Bookstalls
I believe CCF Mindgames are very popular.... though they don't have any digital clocks.
Surrey Chess Archive: https://www.surreyrapidchess.org.uk
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: Congress Bookstalls
I'm pretty sure they have some in order to sell them, even if they may not have enough to supply a congressPaul Dupré wrote:I believe CCF Mindgames are very popular.... though they don't have any digital clocks.
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Congress Bookstalls
CCF do supply digital clocks if you ask them. If CCF don't have an event simultaneously, then CCF lets CCF Mindgames borrow them.
You also missed the English Chess Federation, which has enough equipment to run three congresses simultaneously.
You also missed the English Chess Federation, which has enough equipment to run three congresses simultaneously.
-
James Pratt
- Posts: 731
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm
Re: Congress Bookstalls
no, but the ECF doesn't sell books and equipment at tournaments, I don't think.
- Matt Mackenzie
- Posts: 6391
- Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm
- Location: Millom, Cumbria
Re: Congress Bookstalls
ManChesster Supplies went out of business a few years ago now.
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)
-
Jon D'Souza-Eva
Re: Congress Bookstalls
Tim Onions
http://www.onionschess.co.uk/
His "Ten Ways to succeed..." books are among the most popular with the youngsters that I teach.
http://www.onionschess.co.uk/
His "Ten Ways to succeed..." books are among the most popular with the youngsters that I teach.
-
James Pratt
- Posts: 731
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm
Re: Congress Bookstalls
so recap. CCF Mindgames, Francis Bowers, TCS, Chess & Bridge, Hexagon (Bob Jones?) Chess Direct, Chess Scotland, Tim Onions ... err
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Congress Bookstalls
It doesn't sell books and equipment, no.James Pratt wrote:no, but the ECF doesn't sell books and equipment at tournaments, I don't think.
I think you're asking the wrong question: Congress organisers would like to know where they can get equipment from for their congress. A bookstall would be ideal, but most would settle for equipment.
If this is for something in BCM, you might include a table of all of these, with columns for the various services they provide. For example, all bar the ECF would have a Yes in a "Bookstall" column. ECF would have a tick in a "digital clocks available" column. So you end up with this sort of thing.
-
James Pratt
- Posts: 731
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm
Re: Congress Bookstalls
it was just basically for our internal use but thank you anyway.
James
James
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22668
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Re: Congress Bookstalls
There is or was Chessmaze International as referenced here http://www.junior.staffordshirechess.or ... ships.htmlJames Pratt wrote:so recap. CCF Mindgames, Francis Bowers, TCS, Chess & Bridge, Hexagon (Bob Jones?) Chess Direct, Chess Scotland, Tim Onions ... err
http://www.chessmazeinternational.com/
I couldn't find any references to 2011 events. The obvious ones in the North West such as Blackpool were Chess Direct.
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: Congress Bookstalls
Chessmaze don't do bookstalls anymore.Roger de Coverly wrote:There is or was Chessmaze International as referenced here http://www.junior.staffordshirechess.or ... ships.htmlJames Pratt wrote:so recap. CCF Mindgames, Francis Bowers, TCS, Chess & Bridge, Hexagon (Bob Jones?) Chess Direct, Chess Scotland, Tim Onions ... err
http://www.chessmazeinternational.com/
I couldn't find any references to 2011 events. The obvious ones in the North West such as Blackpool were Chess Direct.