Ward-Atkins at the 1908 Championship
- JustinHorton
- Posts: 10567
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
- Location: Somewhere you're not
Ward-Atkins at the 1908 Championship
I was playing through their round seven game (number 42 here) and knowing already that Black had won, I was surprised to see the game score terminate at move 19 with White at least a little better. The suggestion in the annotations is that White lost on time - does anybody know if this is correct, and /or anything more about the circumstances in which the game ended?
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
-
Gordon Cadden
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Re: Ward-Atkins at the 1908 Championship
William Ward played 19. b3 then discovered that his flag had fallen, end of game.
- JustinHorton
- Posts: 10567
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
- Location: Somewhere you're not
Re: Ward-Atkins at the 1908 Championship
Thanks very much! Do you know what the time limit was? Twenty moves in an hour?
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."