Is anyone able to report happenings at the AGM in detail?
Was Chess Sets for Schools discussed : Was a status report provided?
Did PJB WIlson provided a report on his achievements since the last AGM?
What was the outgrageous decision previously alluded to?
Any informed contributions will be welcome
Report of October 2008 AGM
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Report of October 2008 AGM
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
John Philpott
Re: Report of October 2008 AGM
Richard Haddrell's report on the meeting appears on the SCCU website at http://www.sccu.ndo.co.uk/bcf.htm
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: Report of October 2008 AGM
Lets be clear this forum did not cost sponsors - well non that will ever be clarified...Ernie Lazenby wrote:Let me make this clear; the following is not personal its fact,
Reading the report of the meeting mentioned in the above post it appears the chairman ie the ECF President made a decision in respect of issues raised by the vote taken for Director of International chess. A little bit more of the remaining democracy in the ECF destroyed.
In any meeting I have ever been to or chaired the votes cast in respect of the candidates have been made known and rightly so. Why deny that information to the members when they ask for it!. If I have misread whats written then I apologise.
I also note it was the president who raised the issue of this forum- hardly a surprise in the knowledge that he told me on more than one occasion he has no time for these forums. I think we are still waiting to read the evidence to support the ascertion that this forum has cost the ECF sponsors? Its easy to make such allegations to further a desire but where is the evidence. All that is required is for a name to be put forward of someone who has decided not to offer sponsorship because of this forum.
This is about Holloid and nothing else
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: Report of October 2008 AGM
Doesnt everyone know the ECF is about as democratic as the Russian Press.
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks