having played in the weekend Open event, I would like to thank everyone who contributed towards a really enjoyable weekend - the venue was spacious, plenty of toilets and refreshments, did I get those in the right order?
Lady Luck was with me, as I survived a couple of dodgy positions to finish with a decent score and in the prizes, I also managed to have a chat with a couple of chess players I hadn't seen for a long time, and even had time to walk into Canterbury High Street where I indulged in a cherry pancake!
For me though the highlight of the weekend was meeting the remarkable Clare Furness, who next month will be cycling from London to Paris to raise funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association if you can support her please visit - http://www.justgiving.com/clares-tourdefrance
The only Low of the weekend, for me, was that the bookstall wasn't open on the Sunday - I found this very strange and frustrating as I had promised myself a book if I scored 50%, still at least I had cash in my pocket when i found those delicious cherry pancakes
Good luck to everyone playing in the events this week
Regards
Trefor