Chessfest Q

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Chessfest Q

Post by MJMcCready » Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:26 pm

Looks like I will be able to hop along to next weekends Chessfest in Trafalgar but I have a question. If I want to sign up to play in one of the simuls, how do I do it?

Matt Read
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by Matt Read » Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm

It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by MJMcCready » Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:34 pm

Matt Read wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm
It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.
Ah thanks, so find someone who has the waiting list and put my name down?

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by MJMcCready » Fri Jul 03, 2026 7:19 pm

Is anyone else going to it?

Jon D'Souza-Eva
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:53 am

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:33 pm

In past years it's hardly got a mention on this forum, which has surprised me.

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by MJMcCready » Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:38 pm

I've noticed that yet when you go to them, there's plenty of action and stuff going on.

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 4417
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Chessfest Q

Post by MJMcCready » Sat Jul 04, 2026 4:20 pm

Matt Read wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2026 4:13 pm
It's a rolling simul that starts just after 12pm and concludes around 18:30 - 18:45 - I think last year a few hundred people got to play and the wait to get on a board was controlled by someone from Chess in Schools that maintained a waiting list.
I sent an email off and got a reply. Yes rolling simul, put your name down and hang around for not to long. GM Adams is scheduled to play about 2pm and 4pm.

Post Reply