I would like to propose that, long-term, we make a decision to have grading lists twice a year. What do you think?
Players new to the game currently have to wait up to 18 months for a grade. This is not a good service on behalf of players. I can't think of any objections to more frequent grading lists that cannot be overcome with some patience and understanding of the structure of English chess, and a little creativity.
We currently have a rapid grading list twice a year. Organisers of tournaments cope well with that, making sure that their entry forms include clarification about the list they will be using for eligibility. It appears to be common sense that if a player has NO grade, then they should have to use the new grade when published even if just before an event.
All countries publish lists more frequently than we do. The Netherlands, for instance, publishes four times a year. They have a similar league structure to us, and they make it a rule that the grade extant at the beginning of the season is the one used throughout. As above, I would add that it appears to be common sense that if a player has NO grade at the start of a season, then they should have to use the new grade when published.
I am not suggesting we rush this through in any way, as I realise there are fine details that have to be dealt with.
You are not allowed to vote 'once' without citing an objection