Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

The very latest International round up of English news.
Post Reply
Keith Arkell
Posts: 1096
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:10 am

Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Post by Keith Arkell » Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:26 am

I managed to keep up my record of scoring 100%, or close to 100%, in Senior tournaments on the continent, by winning the 93 player Marienbad 50+ with 8.5/9, two points clear of the field.

I also won the Open Rapidplay (6/7) and the Open Blitz (9/11).

I’m highly motivated this year to get my chess into the best possible shape for an assault on the World and Euro Senior (65+) titles next year.

I’ll never forget how you guys on here supported, and even sponsored, my successful bid to win the Euro Senior (50+) 11 Years ago ( which I followed by finishing 1-2 in the World Senior at the end of that year, just losing out on Buchholz).

Mick Norris
Posts: 11404
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Post by Mick Norris » Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:57 am

results

Well done Keith :D

Blitz

Rapid
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 22665
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Jan 30, 2025 12:24 pm

Mick Norris wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:57 am
results
Tim Spanton was there as well.

https://beauchess.blogspot.com/2025/01/age-concern.html
https://beauchess.blogspot.com/2025/01/ ... lazne.html

He notes that the Seniors attracted more entries than the Open.

Kevin Thurlow
Posts: 6662
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Jan 30, 2025 3:57 pm

Well done Keith. Not bad for an old fella!

Post Reply