London Chess Classic Accommodation
-
LozCooper
London Chess Classic Accommodation
Having made a very bad choice when choosing accommodation last year: http://www.plazahotellondon.co.uk/ I wondered what experiences other people had and if they could recommend any hotels? I accept that London is expensive but was still shocked by how little you get for your money, especially if you choose badly.
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
I would recommend that you try www.expedia.co.uk I have found it to be pretty good value for London hotels.
-
Ian Thompson
- Posts: 4282
- Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 pm
- Location: Awbridge, Hampshire
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
London Travelodges are between about £35 and £60 a night (depending on location and day of the week) if you book now on a no refunds and no changes tariff.
You could try your luck at the Hoxton (http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/the_1pound_sale/). I've never been there myself, but travelling employees of a bank I did some work for used to stay there regularly, so they thought it was OK.
You could try your luck at the Hoxton (http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/the_1pound_sale/). I've never been there myself, but travelling employees of a bank I did some work for used to stay there regularly, so they thought it was OK.
-
LozCooper
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
Thanks for the links. I'm hoping to recommend a few hotels etc to the players in the WIM tournament but after last year's horror story I'm keen to do a bit more research beforehand!
-
Michele Clack
- Posts: 437
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:38 pm
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
Loz
This might sound a sily question but what exactly is a WIM tournament?
This might sound a sily question but what exactly is a WIM tournament?
- IM Jack Rudd
- Posts: 5178
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am
- Location: Bideford
- Contact:
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
A tournament at which one can achieve WIM norms.
-
LozCooper
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
It's probably called the Womens' International. It took second stage to Carlsen, Kramnik and co last year for some reasonmichele clack wrote:Loz
This might sound a sily question but what exactly is a WIM tournament?
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
Your welcome to stay at one of the Sharks pads in London, you won't get much sleep and if you have any legal morality it might not be your scene........... but offers there.
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks
-
John Foley
- Posts: 387
- Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 am
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
Sources of temporary accommodation for the budget-minded are www.crashpadder.com, www.spareroom.co.uk and www.couchsurfing.org
-
Warren Kingston
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
Ian, Hoxton is on the other side of town!
My experience of hotels of London, points me to the Hilton, normally get 3 nights for the price of two.
My experience of hotels of London, points me to the Hilton, normally get 3 nights for the price of two.
-
Michele Clack
- Posts: 437
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:38 pm
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: London Chess Classic Accommodation
It's always worth a look on the superbreaks website. They have some quite good deals for London and for an extra few pounds (e.g.£25 for Birmingham) you can book the rail travel as well.