To give a bit of background, I last played chess over the board on 13 February 2020 (has anyone else found the pandemic resulted in a break from chess?):
https://www.ecfrating.org.uk/v2/new/lis ... ch=kreuzer
My ECF rating history is here (I was fairly active for a couple of years a while ago):
https://www.ecfrating.org.uk/v2/new/pla ... de=155285F
That last game before the pandemic (I remember it well!) resulted in my rating reaching a personal best of 175 (old money). This has now been converted into a rating of 2013.
It is also a K-rating, though I must confess to not really understanding that, despite what is written here:
https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-rating-categories/
I do have a slight hankering to play a rated game with my, er, not-so-freshly-minted highest-ever rating, but that is not really the main point (though I would need to know when I will actually become unrated, as I am not sure how to work that out).
What I am really after is advice on how best to ease back into playing again. I avoided online chess during the pandemic. I don't really want to get involved with that. But I would like to play OTB chess again, but am not sure whether to start off with league chess, a tournament somewhere, or something else.
Ideally in December, but maybe later. Where is it easiest now to play OTB chess?
If those whose clubs I was a member of before, ask why I am not simply re-joining them, that is a good question!
Every time I played chess after a break, I always ended up playing quite well. Not sure that will happen this time!