Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
-
Neville Twitchell
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Contact:
Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
I don't know if I am permitted to advertise my wares on this site or this section of it, but forumites who are aficionados of Sherlock Holmes may like to know that I have just had my debut novel published:- "Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List".
It is written under my pen-name of Simon Trelawney, and published by Breese, an imprint of Baker Street Studios, which specialises, inter alia, in Holmesian pastiche.
It is a paperback, 340pp, £10.99, and available via the publishers at: www.baker-street-studios.com or on Amazon.
It is written under my pen-name of Simon Trelawney, and published by Breese, an imprint of Baker Street Studios, which specialises, inter alia, in Holmesian pastiche.
It is a paperback, 340pp, £10.99, and available via the publishers at: www.baker-street-studios.com or on Amazon.
-
Mick Norris
- Posts: 11402
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
- Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
Good luck with the book Neville
I think this should be in the Adverts section of the Forum though
I think this should be in the Adverts section of the Forum though
Any postings on here represent my personal views
-
Neville Twitchell
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Contact:
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
Hi Mick,
Thanks. I wasn't sure because the Adverts section seems to be restricted to specifically chess-related items, which my novel isn't (though it does have a number of chessic allusions and themes).
Thanks. I wasn't sure because the Adverts section seems to be restricted to specifically chess-related items, which my novel isn't (though it does have a number of chessic allusions and themes).
-
David Sedgwick
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm
- Location: Croydon
- Contact:
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
That is fair enough, Neville. The moderators can move the thread if they wish.Neville Twitchell wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pmI wasn't sure because the Adverts section seems to be restricted to specifically chess-related items, which my novel isn't (though it does have a number of chessic allusions and themes).
-
Neville Twitchell
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Contact:
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
Thanks David, I think I will keep it here for the time being.David Sedgwick wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:07 pmThat is fair enough, Neville. The moderators can move the thread if they wish.Neville Twitchell wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pmI wasn't sure because the Adverts section seems to be restricted to specifically chess-related items, which my novel isn't (though it does have a number of chessic allusions and themes).
-
Richard Thursby
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am
- Location: origin + pathname + search + hash
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
It's been quite a while since I last read the sixty canonical stories but the blurb seems to have allusions to at three (possibly four) of them that I can see straight off.
-
Neville Twitchell
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Contact:
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
Quite so. My novel weaves elements of many of the canonical stories. You probably spotted "Charles Augustus Milverton" (death of a blackmailer); "His Last Bow" (German spy ring) and maybe "The Valley of Fear" (decoding of document).Richard Thursby wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:44 pmIt's been quite a while since I last read the sixty canonical stories but the blurb seems to have allusions to at three (possibly four) of them that I can see straight off.
-
Richard Thursby
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am
- Location: origin + pathname + search + hash
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
I didn't spot His Last Bow (its placing immediately after The Valley of Fear making it possibly less memorable in comparison). Presumably "top secret government documents" references either or both of The Naval Treaty and The Bruce-Partington Plans.
-
Neville Twitchell
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Contact:
Re: Sherlock Holmes and the Ciphered List
Indeed. And 'The Second Stain'. These four are the only spy-related stories in the canon.Richard Thursby wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:24 pmI didn't spot His Last Bow (its placing immediately after The Valley of Fear making it possibly less memorable in comparison). Presumably "top secret government documents" references either or both of The Naval Treaty and The Bruce-Partington Plans.