Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
- John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Simon Rogers
- Posts: 2447
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm
Re: Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
Happy Birthday Nigel Davies.
I met Nigel a few times at congresses including Leyland, Blackpool and South Lakes, where he was watching his son play.
His two Power Chess Program books, which I have, were both excellent and great value for money.
I met Nigel a few times at congresses including Leyland, Blackpool and South Lakes, where he was watching his son play.
His two Power Chess Program books, which I have, were both excellent and great value for money.
- Jon Mahony
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:47 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
Happy birthday Nigel,
I got along well with Nigel when I was playing congresses we chatted quite a lot and played his son Sam a few times as he was just starting out (he got better every game and at this late stage I doubt I'd get anywhere near now).
I'll never forget one time I was stood with my tactless friend and Nigel came up to say hello, my friend goes "I recognise your voice... I know! It's your chess DVD's I was just given a load on a memory stick!" to which I rolled my eyes and affectedly cleared my throat and Nigel proclaimed in which case he would call the police

I got along well with Nigel when I was playing congresses we chatted quite a lot and played his son Sam a few times as he was just starting out (he got better every game and at this late stage I doubt I'd get anywhere near now).
I'll never forget one time I was stood with my tactless friend and Nigel came up to say hello, my friend goes "I recognise your voice... I know! It's your chess DVD's I was just given a load on a memory stick!" to which I rolled my eyes and affectedly cleared my throat and Nigel proclaimed in which case he would call the police
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker
-
Simon Rogers
- Posts: 2447
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm
Re: Best Wishes GM Nigel Davies (31-vii-1960)
Happy Birthday Nigel.
Good to see Nigel at the Scarborough Chess Congress the last couple of years.
Good luck to Nigel at the British Chess Championships.
Good to see Nigel at the Scarborough Chess Congress the last couple of years.
Good luck to Nigel at the British Chess Championships.