Paul Keres

Historical knowledge and information regarding our great game.
Post Reply
Hugh Murphy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Paul Keres

Post by Hugh Murphy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:09 pm

Does anyone know where I can find Paul Keres' early correspondence games. There are a few in his games collection, but I would like to find more.

User avatar
John Upham
Posts: 8380
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: Paul Keres

Post by John Upham » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Hugh Murphy wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:09 pm
Does anyone know where I can find Paul Keres' early correspondence games. There are a few in his games collection, but I would like to find more.

There are 104 of PKs correspondence games from 1931 - 1963 in the Chessbase Correspondence Database 2020.

This is bound to be a sub-set I suppose.

Tim Harding has the most comprehensive databases of correspondence games.
Last edited by John Upham on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

NickFaulks
Posts: 9290
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Paul Keres

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:54 pm

John Upham wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:49 pm
This is bound to be a sub-set I suppose.
I remember reading that in his youth he played more than that at any given time.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Post Reply