British Graded Championships
-
Alex McFarlane
- Posts: 1864
- Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm
British Graded Championships
I am currently working on the programme for this year's British but have failed to find the Graded Champions for 1999 and 2000. Can anyone help?
I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
Thanks!!
I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
Thanks!!
-
E Michael White
- Posts: 1420
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:31 pm
Re: British Graded Championships
2000
U 125 Kenji O Nicholas - I recently saw the cross table
from memory
2000
U150 Roger Hardy - this may have been a tie
U175 Geoff Sage
1996
C Dunlop - was probably Chris J Dunlop
Edit: 1999/2000 graded champs are here - http://www.britishchess08.com/programme_08.htm
U 125 Kenji O Nicholas - I recently saw the cross table
from memory
2000
U150 Roger Hardy - this may have been a tie
U175 Geoff Sage
1996
C Dunlop - was probably Chris J Dunlop
Edit: 1999/2000 graded champs are here - http://www.britishchess08.com/programme_08.htm
-
Paul Buswell
- Posts: 427
- Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:56 pm
Re: British Graded Championships
I suggest BCF ChessMoves, presumably with all back numbers held at the ECF office, is your best source.Alex McFarlane wrote:I am currently working on the programme for this year's British but have failed to find the Graded Champions for 1999 and 2000. Can anyone help?
I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
Thanks!!
PB
Re: British Graded Championships
Alex, the last programme which listed graded champions omitted my name (joint winner U125 in 2006).
-
Alex McFarlane
- Posts: 1864
- Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm
Re: British Graded Championships
Michael - thanks for that. And the link - My search of the Internet failed to find that.
Paul - Had thought of something similar but those records don't always have the first name and mistakes seem to crop up (see Britchess for examples from yearbook). That is my fall back but I hope to get feedback from participants or clubmates of winners as well.
Mike - You'll be glad to know I already had you down as sharing with Nicholas Carding.
Again, thanks folks.
Paul - Had thought of something similar but those records don't always have the first name and mistakes seem to crop up (see Britchess for examples from yearbook). That is my fall back but I hope to get feedback from participants or clubmates of winners as well.
Mike - You'll be glad to know I already had you down as sharing with Nicholas Carding.
Again, thanks folks.
-
Phil Makepeace
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 pm
Re: British Graded Championships
A Coupe must be Alan D Coupe. D Flynn is presumably David Flynn. J Clarke could be John W. Clarke of Brixham (probably most likely given the congress was held in Torquay), John Clarke of Wigan or, less plausibly, John L. Clarke of Margate who would have been ungraded at the time.Alex McFarlane wrote:I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
-
John Ariss
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:28 pm
- Location: Torquay
Re: British Graded Championships
Alex
The J.clarke you are looking for is John Clarke of Brixham chess club, I know this because I went for a drink with him after he won it !
The J.clarke you are looking for is John Clarke of Brixham chess club, I know this because I went for a drink with him after he won it !