There is now a Twitter Feed at
http://twitter.com/ecfchess
and a Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/English ... 641?ref=ts
These are both unofficial pages until the full ECF board has had a chance to consider them, but in the mean time your comments as to whether either of these are useful or desirable are most welcome!
English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
- Adam Raoof
- Posts: 2736
- Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: NW4 4UY
- Contact:
English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
-
Paul McKeown
- Posts: 3828
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:01 pm
- Location: Hayes (Middx)
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Adam,
If they are kept up to date and have sensible editorial policies to deal with what is and is not acceptable content, then I'm sure that they will be useful promotional tools.
Not that I will use them myself! Twitter I find a generally ghastly idea! Permanent non-information overload, warning: fuses failing, general paralysis of the (non-)information processing centres, overload, overload...
But good initiative despite my Luddism/self-preservation!
P.
If they are kept up to date and have sensible editorial policies to deal with what is and is not acceptable content, then I'm sure that they will be useful promotional tools.
Not that I will use them myself! Twitter I find a generally ghastly idea! Permanent non-information overload, warning: fuses failing, general paralysis of the (non-)information processing centres, overload, overload...
But good initiative despite my Luddism/self-preservation!
P.
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
I, however, will follow on twitter, as i am a regular user of it (though admittedly rarely with any real info
)
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
I only got Twitter so that I could update my Facebook status from my 'phone. Facebook doesn't like my mobile phone company, it seems. I can just text Twitter, and install an app to get Twitter to update Facebook. Sort of cracking a nut with a sledgehammer, but it gets the job done...Rob Thompson wrote:I, however, will follow on twitter, as i am a regular user of it (though admittedly rarely with any real info)
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
I like twitter because I can abuse Coddington at work and also follow my company's updates which is funny.
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks