Gone?
- Michael Farthing
- Posts: 2069
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
- Location: Morecambe, Europe
Gone?
I have just noticed that the Forum menu item on the ECF Site is missing.
Has it died?
Has it died?
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: Gone?
It was due to close.
Either it was found to be toxic or it was hosted by 123reg the choice is yours.
Either it was found to be toxic or it was hosted by 123reg the choice is yours.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
-
Andrew Zigmond
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 pm
- Location: Harrogate
Re: Gone?
If you follow the direct link it says that the forum is currently unavailable.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own
- JustinHorton
- Posts: 10565
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
- Location: Somewhere you're not
Re: Gone?
That'd be good on a gravestone. "Currently unavailable."
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22657
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Re: Gone?
It's been made permanently unavailable.Andrew Zigmond wrote:If you follow the direct link it says that the forum is currently unavailable.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-foru ... -director/
The forum was only ever a duplicate, but I don't really see "Ask the Director" as a substitute because the questions are not being asked in public.
-
Mike Truran
- Posts: 2427
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Gone?
It's not meant to be a substitute. I would have thought that would be fairly obvious.
Is there any initiative on the part of the ECF that doesn't require some sort of sour jibe or criticism from you?
Is there any initiative on the part of the ECF that doesn't require some sort of sour jibe or criticism from you?
- Michael Farthing
- Posts: 2069
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
- Location: Morecambe, Europe
Re: Gone?
Public oversight is unchanged and is where it has always been. You have joined the public oversight now, Bob, and members of the Board are doing so too thereby aiding accountability. Paul Cooksey and David Fryer have, admittedly, lost the opportunity to add to public oversight, but they can quite easily regain it: I'm sure Carl will not begrudge them.
- Marcus Misson
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 pm
- Location: Cambridgeshire
Re: Gone?
Odd.
I don't recall any mention of the forum closing down on Saturday.
I don't mean as part of the agenda, but as smalltalk, gossip, in passing comment.
Mind you the Publicity Manager did talk about several other subjects.
Did I miss it?
Some might consider a meeting of chess reps from all parts of the country might have been an appropriate place to bring it up.
Maybe it wasn't deemed important enough to mention, we were pushed for time.
I don't recall any mention of the forum closing down on Saturday.
I don't mean as part of the agenda, but as smalltalk, gossip, in passing comment.
Mind you the Publicity Manager did talk about several other subjects.
Did I miss it?
Some might consider a meeting of chess reps from all parts of the country might have been an appropriate place to bring it up.
Maybe it wasn't deemed important enough to mention, we were pushed for time.
chessplayers are crazy when it comes to chess
but that's not to say they're not really good blokes
but that's not to say they're not really good blokes
- Michael Farthing
- Posts: 2069
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
- Location: Morecambe, Europe
Re: Gone?
It had been announced on the ECF website that this was planned once other initiatives were up and running. Perhaps it was thought that shutting it down immediately before a Council meeting would be seen as stifling debate...