GM Simon Williams had 6 different queens appear on his board in the same game today. Is that a record?
https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... 015/9/1/15
Queens
- Matt Mackenzie
- Posts: 6376
- Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm
- Location: Millom, Cumbria
Re: Queens
Pretty sure its not, Tim Krabbe's site is good for this sort of thing?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)
- JustinHorton
- Posts: 10560
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
- Location: Somewhere you're not
Re: Queens
Six queens at the same time: follow link for "most queens".
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."
Re: Queens
I recall Callum Kilpatrick made 9 queens at a European tournament. When he tried to put the game into chessbase it crashed the programme.
-
LawrenceCooper
- Posts: 8733
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am
Re: Queens
adam_hunt wrote:I recall Callum Kilpatrick made 9 queens at a European tournament. When he tried to put the game into chessbase it crashed the programme.
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4411
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Queens
Another 6-queener today in Anand - So!