Channel 4 opportunity
-
LawrenceCooper
- Posts: 8749
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am
Channel 4 opportunity
From: Andrea Bate-Boyle <[email protected]>
Date: 13 July 2015 at 10:53
Subject: Channel 4 programme
To:
Hi ***,
I hope you don’t mind me contacting you! I am working on a Channel 4 documentary and am really keen to speak to female chess players ages 18-25. The show has to do with finding love so we are looking for single ladies who might be interested in taking part. I wondered if you would be able to pass my details on to anyone who might be interested so I can tell them a bit more about the programme?
I appreciate this is quite random so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
Andrea
Date: 13 July 2015 at 10:53
Subject: Channel 4 programme
To:
Hi ***,
I hope you don’t mind me contacting you! I am working on a Channel 4 documentary and am really keen to speak to female chess players ages 18-25. The show has to do with finding love so we are looking for single ladies who might be interested in taking part. I wondered if you would be able to pass my details on to anyone who might be interested so I can tell them a bit more about the programme?
I appreciate this is quite random so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
Andrea
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6657
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Are you sure "opportunity" is the word?
-
Brian Towers
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:23 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Is betty the name of a new online dating site, touting for business?
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4416
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Why are they interested in female chess players exactly?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Looking here perhaps they are looking for people prepared to be humiliated on
here so perpetuating their assumed stereotypes.
here so perpetuating their assumed stereotypes.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
John McKenna
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Not so much a Viki and Thomas (Crown) affair, rather more a Betty and Frank (Spencer) blind date, perhaps.
-
James Byrne
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
...
Last edited by James Byrne on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6657
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
However, Channel 4 does show Countdown and 15 to 1, so it's not all tripe...
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4416
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Channel 4 was described as a channel for intellectuals when it first started and had many great shows...things have changed since I think.
- Peter D Williams
- Posts: 839
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm
- Location: Hampshire
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Not enough intellectuals in UK to push up the viewing ratings. Everything hinges on how many people will watch a show if loads watch it then it can charge more to Advertise on its channel. Any person who puts on a show that gets low rating will be out of job real quick!
Well i got to go to check on the green house.
Well i got to go to check on the green house.
when you are successful many losers bark at you.
-
Mike Truran
- Posts: 2427
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Is that where you keep the tortoises? 
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4416
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Here's some info on that first day for Channel 4. Still remember it (though not like it was yesterday).
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-11- ... day-on-air
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-11- ... day-on-air
-
Mick Norris
- Posts: 11402
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
- Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Yes, still remember that day - I was at Manchester University and later discovered I had chicken pox
Any postings on here represent my personal views
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4416
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: Channel 4 opportunity
Hard to remember what it was like to have so few options regarding home entertainment back then. Now we have 1000 channels of rubbish more or less.