If so give them some hassle please.
No prize gimmicks or people encouraged not to post as per the other place just enhanced debate.
Thanks
Carl, could I ask you to cool things, please?Carl Hibbard wrote:No prize gimmicks or people encouraged not to post as per the other place just enhanced debate.
Fair enough I will do so.David Sedgwick wrote:Carl, could I ask you to cool things, please?Carl Hibbard wrote:No prize gimmicks or people encouraged not to post as per the other place just enhanced debate.
I understand you feeling bitter about the turn of events and I don't think I'm the only ECF Officer who feels that you deserve better.
However, I was very pleased to see that this very evening Richard Haddrell has sought opinions about an important grading issue in a thread on this Forum.
The lower the temperature, the more likely it is that such things will continue to be possible.
Geoff Chandler wrote:"...per the other place..."
What other place?
True I have heard some Members erroneously refer to the "other place", but the correct terminology is "another place" or the "other house". "Over there" on the other hand refers to unidentified opposition football fans as in "It's all gone quiet over there! Yes, it's all gone quiet over there! It's all gone quiet, All gone quiet, All gone quiet over there!" It has nothing at all to do with American tourists.John Upham wrote:Geoff Chandler wrote:"...per the other place..."
What other place?
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/Forum/
"The other place" is an expression used by members of the House of Commons and the House of Lords to refer to the House that they not currently speaking in.
I think you must have registered at some time in the past. If you just pass through, it looks as if there's next to nothing there. I wouldn't be bothered about posting rights, but they no longer allow casual visitors to even see what they are arguing about. Similarly with the newish Irish forum.Mike Truran wrote:Roger, I can post on the Chess Scotland forum even though I'm not a Chess Scotland member. Or have I missed your point?
It used to be possible to read their forum without registering. I think they put up the shutters around a year ago. In fairness, there was some heavyweight fighting going on, but I would have thought some less controversial threads could have been released. Marketing of the Commonwealth Championships being an example.Mike Truran wrote: So maybe a re-registration following some problem or another?
I agree. If you do something like this then at least somebody (director or officer) should respond within in a day. I think the problem is that the board has a procedure for deciding who should reply and what the answer is (and if it is contentious the internal discussion can go on and on). It would be better if an off the cuff (I think the answer is ...) reply were given (it could always be corrected later).Mike Truran wrote: ... surely it behoves the great and the good of the ECF to make a few postings that are of some interest to ECF members. To be fair, any postings at all from the ECF hierarchy would be welcome, as opposed to the complete blackout that seems to have descended.