Tosca
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Tosca
Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!
-
Phil Neatherway
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm
- Location: Abingdon
Re: Tosca
Next July, my wife and I have tickets for a day of Ashes cricket at Trent Bridge.
Forumites are invited to say who they are more envious of and why!
Forumites are invited to say who they are more envious of and why!
-
AustinElliott
- Posts: 676
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm
- Location: North of England
- Contact:
Re: Tosca
Warren Kingston wrote:Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!
That might rather depend on the weather at Trent Bridge. And the length of the queue for the bar.Phil Neatherway wrote:Next July, my wife and I have tickets for a day of Ashes cricket at Trent Bridge.
Forumites are invited to say who they are more envious of and why!
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Tosca
For my last year's Christmas present, my daughter took me to see La Boheme, mainly because I have never been to a live opera before, and have always had a deep pleasure from good singing.Warren Kingston wrote:Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!
The Korean soprano Elena Dee completely blew me away.
A microphone what is that for?
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
Have seen England at Trent Bridge already, been there done that.
E lucevan le stelle ...
ed olezzava la terra
stridea l'uscio dell'orto ...
e un passo sfiorava la rena ...
Entrava ella fragrante,
mi cadea fra le braccia.
O! dolci baci, o languide carezze,
mentr'io fremente le belle forme disciogliea dai veli!
Svanì per sempre il sogno mio d'amore.
L'ora è fuggita, e muoio disperato!
E muoio disperato!
E non ho amato mai tanto la vita,
tanto la vita!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en- ... 6urNGBR95w
Better than Botham!!
E lucevan le stelle ...
ed olezzava la terra
stridea l'uscio dell'orto ...
e un passo sfiorava la rena ...
Entrava ella fragrante,
mi cadea fra le braccia.
O! dolci baci, o languide carezze,
mentr'io fremente le belle forme disciogliea dai veli!
Svanì per sempre il sogno mio d'amore.
L'ora è fuggita, e muoio disperato!
E muoio disperato!
E non ho amato mai tanto la vita,
tanto la vita!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en- ... 6urNGBR95w
Better than Botham!!
-
AustinElliott
- Posts: 676
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm
- Location: North of England
- Contact:
Re: Tosca
Talking of Tosca, I'm partial to Vissi d'arte, myself.
A meditation on life's tragic ironies... a topic no chess player who has ever ball-sed up a really good game with one dire move should be unfamiliar with.
A meditation on life's tragic ironies... a topic no chess player who has ever ball-sed up a really good game with one dire move should be unfamiliar with.
-
Phil Neatherway
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm
- Location: Abingdon
Re: Tosca
Warren,
I have also seen England at Trent Bridge - in 1981 against Australia. That was the match we lost in that famous series.
I have also seen England at Trent Bridge - in 1981 against Australia. That was the match we lost in that famous series.
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
Saw a England play a one day game against Zimbeerway?? Rhodesia??at Trent Bridge.
Last edited by Warren Kingston on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
Phil, try and beat this then.
I saw Roscoe Tanner serve at Centre Court at Wimbledon.
I saw Roscoe Tanner serve at Centre Court at Wimbledon.
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6662
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Tosca
Bob Geldof stood on my foot at Gatwick Airport. More polite was Frew McMillan, who held a door open for me at the Royal Albert Hall.
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?
-
AustinElliott
- Posts: 676
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm
- Location: North of England
- Contact:
Re: Tosca
The flat (white) cap. The other half of the partnership was Bob Hewitt (big, bearded, balding).Warren Kingston wrote:Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?
-
Phil Neatherway
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm
- Location: Abingdon
Re: Tosca
Warren,
I haven't been to Wimbledon but I am going to the Masters at the O2 next month.
I haven't been to Wimbledon but I am going to the Masters at the O2 next month.
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
If I remember rightly, they were funny and moody in the same breath?!AustinElliott wrote:The flat (white) cap. The other half of the partnership was Bob Hewitt (big, bearded, balding).Warren Kingston wrote:Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
Re: Tosca
Seen the Boat Race, we want to go to The grand National next, money permittingPhil Neatherway wrote:Warren,
I haven't been to Wimbledon but I am going to the Masters at the O2 next month.