Page 1 of 1
The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:56 am
by Gerard Killoran
The latest (September) edition of the BCM is promoting a rival to this wonderful site - and it's called the British Chess Forum.
You can find it here
https://www.britishchessforum.com/
I'd advise you to steer clear of the Politics and Philosophy section, as it contains one of the most eyebrow-raising posts on the subject of racism I've ever seen. Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:21 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Gerard Killoran wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:56 am
Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
From one of the posts
AlanLlewellyn
4 days ago
Dont feel these are unsolicited requests for support, they are fully endorsed by me(the webmaster)
Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:39 pm
by Nick Ivell
I am all for variety but somehow I cannot see this new site catching on, although I have to accept that this place lacks the vivacity of old.
Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:51 pm
by Simon Brown
It appears to have one prominent member who some on here may remember…
Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:59 pm
by John Upham
Simon Brown wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:51 pm
It appears to have one prominent member who some on here may remember…
Oh yes. A name to forget more likely.

Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:02 pm
by John Upham
Gerard Killoran wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:56 am
I'd advise you to steer clear of the Politics and Philosophy section, as it contains one of the most eyebrow-raising posts on the subject of racism I've ever seen. Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
Presumably this thread:
Racism is evil yet understandable
I will inform the owners (Stephen Lowe and Shaun Taulbut) of
BCM in case they are not aware of what they are promoting.
Re: The British Chess Forum
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:15 pm
by Kevin Thurlow
"I will inform the owners (Stephen Lowe and Shaun Taulbut) of BCM in case they are not aware of what they are promoting."
Please tell us if you find signs of awareness.