Ginger GM Collection Sale

Provide a description and system requirements and/or condition etc.
Paul Dargan

Ginger GM Collection Sale

Post by Paul Dargan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 pm

A few people said they wished they had taken advantage of this last time - so posting here, just noticed it's on again

http://gingergm.com/shop/the-ginger-gm-collection

That's all of the DVDs for £45 I believe.

Paul

Simon Rogers

Re: Ginger GM Collection Sale

Post by Simon Rogers » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:29 pm

Sounds a very good offer.
I know someone at our club who is a big fan of Simon Williams and might be interested.
I have the DVDs Crash Test Chess 1 and Crash Test Chess 2, which I thought were both excellent.

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:48 am

To bring this up to date, most of the Ginger GM DVDs are currently on sale for a fiver at Chess and Bridge, although you will obviously have to pay postage,

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:18 pm

I wouldn't trust the analysis on some of the earlier ones, when I think of the grading points I’ve lost trying to play that Winawer - Ginger GM says we have a good attacking game here and the computer gives me a position the equivalent of a piece down :lol: Harry the H pawn can F right off.

They did get better though, I'm quite interested in the new one on the English but price is an obstacle...
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

Simon Rogers

Post by Simon Rogers » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 am

Simon Williams is a great chess teacher. I've seen some of his You Tube videos and enjoyed his game against Lancashire's Martyn Hamer.

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Simon Rogers wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 am
Simon Williams is a great chess teacher. I've seen some of his You Tube videos and enjoyed his game against Lancashire's Martyn Hamer.
Yeah don't get me wrong I like Simon, his blitz death match with Ben Finegold was really entertaining. There's one part where Simon draws or looses an ending 3 pawns up and Ben goes "And remember Ginger GM's DVD's on the endgame are available now from his website!"
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm

For my part, I find Simon's style a bit wearing, but I know a lot players like him. Incidentally, Chess and Bridge have still got a load of Ginger GM DVDs at a fiver and they are certainly worth a look. Ivan Sokolov on Middlegame Pawn Structures is a great buy at that price and he doesn't find it necessary to mention Harry the H pawn once,

Simon Rogers

Post by Simon Rogers » Sat May 15, 2021 9:54 pm

Thanks for the information John. I'll take a look at the Chess & Bridge website.