Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
Too much Dalmore 12...
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: See cannot even spell...
Reason: See cannot even spell...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
Lol, I pushed the wood last night and played OTB for the first time in well over a year, it felt good again to be pushing the wood. Even though it was actually plastic.
So I have a match coming up next Tuesday.
My beer tastes better than your beer.
So I have a match coming up next Tuesday.
My beer tastes better than your beer.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9324
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
I'm not playing chess because I'm spending too much time trying to understand scoresheets from the 4NCL. This one features:
(a) One player writing in a language where M = N, B = Q, C = R, T = K, E = B. The handwriting isn't too neat, and there are notation errors.
(b) His opponent's scoresheet, which is completely indecipherable.
Why can't you just use English notation, and agree a draw in 6 moves?
(a) One player writing in a language where M = N, B = Q, C = R, T = K, E = B. The handwriting isn't too neat, and there are notation errors.
(b) His opponent's scoresheet, which is completely indecipherable.
Why can't you just use English notation, and agree a draw in 6 moves?
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
Carl you need a tip jar!
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
I always have this complicated idea in my head, that chess tries to be verbal and always ends up mathematical.
If chess is so 'mathematical' why does it have the power to make me happier?
I am better at computers than at chess, this is probably due more to circumstances than genes.
To make the point more emphatically.
Is there a chess 'gene'?
If chess is so 'mathematical' why does it have the power to make me happier?
I am better at computers than at chess, this is probably due more to circumstances than genes.
To make the point more emphatically.
Is there a chess 'gene'?
- Joey Stewart
- Posts: 2173
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
- Location: All Of Them
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
I have had a few blitz games, mere seconds ago. No such 'non playing' for me. I wouldnt feel right to be posting and commenting about chess if I were not to be playing actively.
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
urgh, god forgive me for trying to kill my opponents king.
-
LozCooper
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
Because I'm idling away my time on the forumPeterTurland wrote:You first!
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
That is no excuse.LozCooper wrote:Because I'm idling away my time on the forumPeterTurland wrote:You first!
Why has not this server have the ability for me to play you over the internet, at this moment in time.
If Carl has the technical ability to let me play you via this server, my hand will head in the direction of my wallet.
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
d3
Last edited by PeterTurland on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Gareth Harley-Yeo
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm
- Location: Wales
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
ioan rees'?Alex Holowczak wrote:I'm not playing chess because I'm spending too much time trying to understand scoresheets from the 4NCL. This one features:
(a) One player writing in a language where M = N, B = Q, C = R, T = K, E = B. The handwriting isn't too neat, and there are notation errors.
(b) His opponent's scoresheet, which is completely indecipherable.
Why can't you just use English notation, and agree a draw in 6 moves?
it's in welsh
-
PeterTurland
- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 pm
- Location: Leicester
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
I see it as a merkin lack of f-r-sk--n
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9324
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Why are we not playing chess at this moment in time
No, it's not Eoin Rees. The Welsh is fine, it's the notation errors that scupper me (and the other inputter who tried to do this game).Gareth Harley-Yeo wrote:ioan rees'?Alex Holowczak wrote:I'm not playing chess because I'm spending too much time trying to understand scoresheets from the 4NCL. This one features:
(a) One player writing in a language where M = N, B = Q, C = R, T = K, E = B. The handwriting isn't too neat, and there are notation errors.
(b) His opponent's scoresheet, which is completely indecipherable.
Why can't you just use English notation, and agree a draw in 6 moves?
it's in welsh