Post
by John Upham » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:18 pm
Roger de Coverly wrote:John Upham wrote:
just to add more obfuscation to the data.
There's also
Junior Silver Membership (FREE - expires Aug 2014)
From the context, that means 31st August, but anyone trying to extract expiry dates from the data has to make that assumption.
Yes, I have reported this to Dave Thomas and Dave Evans (PSO).
I can deal with this anomaly programmatically but the apostrophe (as opposed to back tick) causes the import from .csv into MySQL to barf.
I am attempting (via CRON) to each day @ 7am:
1. download the .xls file
2. correct all the 'anomalies' in the file (new ones appear at random).
3. Export to .csv
4. Import to MySQL to a number of DBs in parallel.
All good fun!

Last edited by
John Upham on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
