Situations Vacant
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22668
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Situations Vacant
The ECF has director posts available.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?p=21986
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?p=21986
-
Andrew Martin
- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
Why don't you volunteer then ?
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
I think I can see why Roger doesn't apply for membership and marketing...
It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Situations Vacant
When can the Board expect to receive your application, then?Jonathan Rogers wrote:It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
-
LawrenceCooper
- Posts: 8764
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am
Re: Situations Vacant
It is also possible that some recruitment of selectors will be requiredJonathan Rogers wrote:I think I can see why Roger doesn't apply for membership and marketing...
It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
International Selection Committee
Chairman (vacant), Jonathan Parker
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
Re: Situations Vacant
Alex,Alex Holowczak wrote:When can the Board expect to receive your application, then?Jonathan Rogers wrote:It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
I think Jonathan was making the point that the International (and Junior) Directorship are very hard work, but they also involve a certain amount of Kudos. The ECF has always? been able fill these position in the past. The fact that there is currently no International Director is not a good sign for the ECF going forward.
-
Mick Norris
- Posts: 11404
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
- Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Re: Situations Vacant
LozLawrenceCooper wrote:It is also possible that some recruitment of selectors will be requiredJonathan Rogers wrote:I think I can see why Roger doesn't apply for membership and marketing...
It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.![]()
International Selection Committee
Chairman (vacant), Jonathan Parker
I would nominate you, but guess you don't want it
What about Stuart Conquest, as he was ready to offer his services to the ECF?
Any postings on here represent my personal views
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
Re: Situations Vacant
I think Stuart would still be regarded as a candidate to play in the team. Traditionally that would rule him out as a selector.
-
LawrenceCooper
- Posts: 8764
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am
Re: Situations Vacant
Correct. I suspect that the first task is to appoint an International Director and then for him/her to invite others to join the selection panel.Mick Norris wrote:LozLawrenceCooper wrote:It is also possible that some recruitment of selectors will be requiredJonathan Rogers wrote:I think I can see why Roger doesn't apply for membership and marketing...
It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.![]()
International Selection Committee
Chairman (vacant), Jonathan Parker
I would nominate you, but guess you don't want it
What about Stuart Conquest, as he was ready to offer his services to the ECF?
-
Andrew Martin
- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
Why would anyone in their right mind ever volunteer, when you know your every move and decision is going to be criticised and dissected by people who have nothing whatsoever to offer English chess but complaints?
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
Perhaps in about 25 years, when I might be winding down professionally and when my child is fully grown up? ID surely does involve a lot of work, certainly more than presiding over Barbican ...Alex Holowczak wrote:When can the Board expect to receive your application, then?Jonathan Rogers wrote:It is more odd that no one apparently is prepared to be International Director.
We have discussed this before on the forum - there are innocent reasons for not offering one's services, reasons which have nothing to do with this forum or even with SG.
-
David Robertson
Re: Situations Vacant
...aka 'living a normal life'Jonathan Rogers wrote:(snip) there are innocent reasons for not offering one's services
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22668
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
More at manager level
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?p=22044
What it doesn't say is why these vacancies have arisen, or whether they are new posts. If officers are standing down, shouldn't some brief announcement be made?
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?p=22044
What it doesn't say is why these vacancies have arisen, or whether they are new posts. If officers are standing down, shouldn't some brief announcement be made?
Re: Situations Vacant
It doesn't mention it on that list, but the Publicity Officer role is vacant as well.
-
Alex McFarlane
- Posts: 1864
- Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm
Re: Situations Vacant
Unless it was filled at last week's Board meeting but no-one is telling usbenedgell wrote:It doesn't mention it on that list, but the Publicity Officer role is vacant as well.