Dirty Pieces

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Joey Stewart
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: All Of Them
Contact:

Dirty Pieces

Post by Joey Stewart » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 am

Someone was reminding me recently how dirty money is with all the peoples hands that have touched it. It made me think that the same probably applies to chess sets, some will have been in circulation for decades and unlikely ever washed. So next time you touch a chess piece don't forget to wash your hands....
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.

Ray Sayers

Re: dirty pieces

Post by Ray Sayers » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:38 am

The Arbiters arrive..
Attachments
Safe.jpg
Safe.jpg (49.97 KiB) Viewed 2266 times

Paul Bielby
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: South Shields

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Paul Bielby » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:56 pm

At my junior school chess club I would sometimes see kids chewing on their pieces. It soon stopped when I asked them who they thought had been eating it the day before.

Clive Blackburn

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Clive Blackburn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm

When I play my next match on Tuesday, I will take a pair of long tongs with me with which to move the pieces.... I wonder if the "touch move" rule will still apply?

The clocks must be filthy too, so I will press that with the top of my pen.

Ray Sayers

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Ray Sayers » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Logically, the people touching the pieces touched the door handle, so.......

Warren Kingston
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Warren Kingston » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Or get a muppet to play your moves.....................




https://vimeo.com/41107079

Clive Blackburn

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Clive Blackburn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Warren Kingston wrote:Or get a muppet to play your moves.....................




https://vimeo.com/41107079
:lol:

User avatar
Patrick McGovern
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Patrick McGovern » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Warren Kingston wrote:Or get a muppet to play your moves.....................




https://vimeo.com/41107079

I think i've cut out the middleman :( :oops:
A rook on the second is like a bone in the throat - Fischer

Louise Sinclair
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
Location: London

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Louise Sinclair » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 am

Clive Blackburn wrote:When I play my next match on Tuesday, I will take a pair of long tongs with me with which to move the pieces.... I wonder if the "touch move" rule will still apply?

The clocks must be filthy too, so I will press that with the top of my pen.
I hope you are using silver tongs - after all silver is reputed to kill werewolves so probably easily disposes of rogue viruses
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'

Clive Blackburn

Re: Dirty Pieces

Post by Clive Blackburn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Louise Sinclair wrote: I hope you are using silver tongs - after all silver is reputed to kill werewolves so probably easily disposes of rogue viruses
No, just an old pair of BBQ tongs :)

Come to think of it I might take the skewers as well, might help with my tactical play!

Post Reply