Dirty Pieces
- Joey Stewart
- Posts: 2173
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
- Location: All Of Them
- Contact:
Dirty Pieces
Someone was reminding me recently how dirty money is with all the peoples hands that have touched it. It made me think that the same probably applies to chess sets, some will have been in circulation for decades and unlikely ever washed. So next time you touch a chess piece don't forget to wash your hands....
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.
-
Ray Sayers
-
Paul Bielby
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:14 pm
- Location: South Shields
Re: Dirty Pieces
At my junior school chess club I would sometimes see kids chewing on their pieces. It soon stopped when I asked them who they thought had been eating it the day before.
-
Clive Blackburn
Re: Dirty Pieces
When I play my next match on Tuesday, I will take a pair of long tongs with me with which to move the pieces.... I wonder if the "touch move" rule will still apply?
The clocks must be filthy too, so I will press that with the top of my pen.
The clocks must be filthy too, so I will press that with the top of my pen.
-
Ray Sayers
Re: Dirty Pieces
Logically, the people touching the pieces touched the door handle, so.......
-
Warren Kingston
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 pm
-
Clive Blackburn
Re: Dirty Pieces
Warren Kingston wrote:Or get a muppet to play your moves.....................
https://vimeo.com/41107079
- Patrick McGovern
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm
- Location: Glasgow
Re: Dirty Pieces
Warren Kingston wrote:Or get a muppet to play your moves.....................
https://vimeo.com/41107079
I think i've cut out the middleman
A rook on the second is like a bone in the throat - Fischer
-
Louise Sinclair
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am
- Location: London
Re: Dirty Pieces
I hope you are using silver tongs - after all silver is reputed to kill werewolves so probably easily disposes of rogue virusesClive Blackburn wrote:When I play my next match on Tuesday, I will take a pair of long tongs with me with which to move the pieces.... I wonder if the "touch move" rule will still apply?
The clocks must be filthy too, so I will press that with the top of my pen.
You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment.
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'
' you turn if you want. The lady's not for turning'
-
Clive Blackburn
Re: Dirty Pieces
No, just an old pair of BBQ tongsLouise Sinclair wrote: I hope you are using silver tongs - after all silver is reputed to kill werewolves so probably easily disposes of rogue viruses
Come to think of it I might take the skewers as well, might help with my tactical play!