Page 1 of 2

Further Software Update

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am
by Carl Hibbard
An additional update will be required in the next couple of days which will take around one hour.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 pm
by Nick Burrows
Hi Carl,

Is a "View active topics" tab a possibility?

It was my most used function!

Thanks, Nick.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:23 pm
by Carl Hibbard
It's under the quick link option in the top left.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:35 pm
by Nick Burrows
Ah great! Thanks Carl

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:40 am
by Ian Wallis
Hi Carl,
Have just connected to Forum for first time since the upgrades this week and I can't see the board diagrams properly.
No one else seems to have commented so wondering what I'm missing? Do I need to upgrade anything myself?

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 am
by Paolo Casaschi
Ian Wallis wrote:Hi Carl,
Have just connected to Forum for first time since the upgrades this week and I can't see the board diagrams properly.
No one else seems to have commented so wondering what I'm missing? Do I need to upgrade anything myself?
Any example of the problem you are having?

I tried a new one and everything seems to work:


Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm
by Ian Wallis
Paolo Casaschi wrote:
Ian Wallis wrote:Hi Carl,
Have just connected to Forum for first time since the upgrades this week and I can't see the board diagrams properly.
No one else seems to have commented so wondering what I'm missing? Do I need to upgrade anything myself?
Any example of the problem you are having?

I tried a new one and everything seems to work:

I don't know how to show you the problem, I've replied using the quote option but there is no diagram showing in my reply just the pgn text

The problem I am having is that I can see an 8x8 board with the arrows below but it is not the conventional board and there are no pieces on it. Each square is showing a small picture which looks like a landscape, green slash at the bottom below a blue and white sky. I can play through the game you provided and the squares where the pieces move indicate there is something going on behind the pictures but that's all.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:56 pm
by Paolo Casaschi
Which web browser and which version are you using?

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:59 pm
by Brendan O'Gorman
This is what I see on my iPad using the Chrome browser:
screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (346.55 KiB) Viewed 5319 times

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:09 pm
by Paolo Casaschi
I'll try tonight with chrome on an iPad...

Could you try Safari on your iPad and let me know if you have the same issue?

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 pm
by Brendan O'Gorman
Diagrams display correctly in Safari.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm
by Ian Wallis
Paolo Casaschi wrote:Which web browser and which version are you using?
Chrome - Version 40.0.2214.94 m

I'm using it on a laptop

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm
by Paolo Casaschi
Ian Wallis wrote:
Paolo Casaschi wrote:Which web browser and which version are you using?
Chrome - Version 40.0.2214.94 m

I'm using it on a laptop
If you are using a laptop, try right-clicking on a chessboard and select "Reload Frame"... this might help.
If this helps that chessboard, then try reloading the page and see if other chessboards work better as well.

Sometimes, clearing the browser cache also helps.

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm
by Ian Wallis
Paolo Casaschi wrote:
Ian Wallis wrote:
Paolo Casaschi wrote:Which web browser and which version are you using?
Chrome - Version 40.0.2214.94 m

I'm using it on a laptop
If you are using a laptop, try right-clicking on a chessboard and select "Reload Frame"... this might help.
If this helps that chessboard, then try reloading the page and see if other chessboards work better as well.

Sometimes, clearing the browser cache also helps.

Ah ha!
After numerous tries pointing the curser at different sections of the board it seems to have worked.

Thanks for your help :D

Re: Further Software Update

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:55 pm
by Bill Porter
Topic reply notifications are now given as "http://ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=...." with cookies disabled instead of
"http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=...." with cookies.

The base ref now seems to be "http://ecforum.org.uk/"

[edit] Seems to have been fixed... [/edit]