Page 1 of 1

Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm
by Neville Twitchell
How do I attach a Chessbase file?

When I attempt to do so I am told that file extensions .cbh not allowed, and likewise .pgn not allowed.

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Neville Twitchell wrote:How do I attach a Chessbase file?

When I attempt to do so I am told that file extensions .cbh not allowed, and likewise .pgn not allowed.
Does .pgn now work?

Only got iPad access so this is taking a while so let me know please

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:38 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Chessbase is what .cb?

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 pm
by Ian Kingston
The main ChessBase file extension is .cbh, but it's not enough to just send that file - there are lots of subsidiary files without which the .cbh file is useless.

The file needs to be saved as a ChessBase archive (.cbv), which bundles everything into a single compressed file. That's done from the Backup Database option on the Tools menu.

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Ok .cbv is possible now as well...

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:30 am
by Neville Twitchell
OK, thanks. I will try again.

Re: Attaching chessbase files

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 am
by Neville Twitchell
Carl Hibbard wrote:Ok .cbv is possible now as well...
Attaching it as a .cbv file seems to have worked. Thanks.