Better search function needed

Technical information will be posted here, use it to ask questions too.
Christopher Kreuzer

Better search function needed

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:15 pm

I am currently trying to find posts on this forum about the "British Master" (BM) title and the searches keep saying that the word "British" is being ignored (presumably too many results). This isn't ideal really. I suppose I will have to use Google, but I thought I'd mention it in case anything can be done about it... :roll: (I know, it's the choice of bulletin board software, but still).

Carl Hibbard

Re: Better search function needed

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I am currently trying to find posts on this forum about the "British Master" (BM) title and the searches keep saying that the word "British" is being ignored (presumably too many results). This isn't ideal really. I suppose I will have to use Google, but I thought I'd mention it in case anything can be done about it... :roll: (I know, it's the choice of bulletin board software, but still).
It might be possible to change this by altering the percentage of common words limit but this requires an index rebuild

I will look at it "outside" of normal hours as the forum is in use most of the time now
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:19 am

That should be working now Christopher but please let me know how you get on
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:That should be working now Christopher but please let me know how you get on
Looks OK now. I get 1288 matches for +English +chess. Thanks!