Future of EPSCA Schools Competition

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Andrew Zigmond

Re: Future of EPSCA Schools Competition

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 am

The starter for this particular exchange was Paul quoting a sentence from one of my posts out of context with a cryptic three word comment that I have interpreted as a swipe at my intelligence. If I'm wrong about that then I agree there is no merit in my subsequent posts.

However if Paul is referring to my posts prior to that then it would be useful to know why my comments alone are singled out as such and what makes me not competent to comment.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am

Andrew Zigmond wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 am
I shall leave this matter with Carl and Jack.
I am not sure I want to moderate a handbags incident :roll:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger Lancaster

Post by Roger Lancaster » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am
I am not sure I want to moderate a handbags incident :roll:
One might rather hope that respected forumites such as Andrew and Paul can resolve this privately between themselves.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 am

Andrew Martin wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:22 pm
So who has obtained the rights to run the 2021 EPSCA events? Forgive me if this is obvious and I have missed it.
According to John Upham's link to AGM Minutes.

The following was decided. In other words the award of rights is undecided.
There were two offers to run the National Schools’ Championships online in 2021, one from Barnet, which is given in Appendix D, and the other as collaboration between the ECF, UKCC and EPSCA, which is given in Appendix G.
After a discussion there was a vote on how the National Schools’ Championships online and the Rapidplay online should be organised in 2021 between the Barnet proposal and the ECF/UKCC/EPSCA proposal. After attempts to vote using the “hand up” facility on zoom, the chairman was unable to determine the result. Another attempt to vote was made using the “chat” facility. This resulted in a tied vote with seven votes for each method and four abstentions. It was decided that Barnet and ECF/UKCC/EPSCA should both produce final details of their proposals, and the Council would make a decision at a later date.