ECF Chess Academy

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Roger Lancaster

ECF Chess Academy

Post by Roger Lancaster » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm

My understanding is that selected juniors are currently being invited, and have for some little time past, to join the ECF Academy for 2020. I'm also hearing that the first weekend is scheduled for 1-2 February at Daventry but nothing known yet regarding later weekends. It seems a trifle optimistic to ask parents to commit to paying for 4 weekends without knowledge of when and where the three later ones will take place.

It may be that this information is buried somewhere on the ECF website but, if so, I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone enlighten me? I'm following this path, rather than the 'Ask a Director' route, as I suspect others would also welcome this information.

Matt Bridgeman

Re: ECF Chess Academy

Post by Matt Bridgeman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

https://www.delanceyukschoolschesschall ... g-academy/

The format is different from previous years. The latest news I heard is there's probably not going to be any northern weekends, so it will likely never go north of Daventry. The price has effectively doubled for 2020 - £400 gets you two weekends instead of 4! (Not including hotel and travel costs)

Roger Lancaster

Re: ECF Chess Academy

Post by Roger Lancaster » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 am

Thanks, Matt. I suppose that, knowing that the Longsons are now managing this, I should have thought to look on the Delancey site.