World School Chess Championships 2019

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Post Reply
John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 pm

The World School Chess Championship started today and runs to 29th April. The event is a 9 round FIDE rated event and is for boys and girls in the U7, U9, U11, U13, U15 & U17 categories. The venue is Antalya, Turkey.

The England delegation is 27 players and 4 coaches. The team can be viewed at:

https://www.englishchess.org.uk/Juniors ... ools-2019/

The event website is http://wscc2019.tsf.org.tr/

The chess-results link for the event (tab across for your chosen age group) is:

http://chess-results.com/tnr427511.aspx ... NG&flag=30

Latest news, photographs etc can be seen via the twitter feed : @ECFJuniors2019

No twitter account? You can follow the twitter feed via this link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ECFJuniors2019

:D
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

Re: World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Round 1 report by IM Andrew Martin features on the ECF junior web pages:

https://www.englishchess.org.uk/Juniors ... n-antalya/
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

Re: World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 am

Team photo

987D2965-B20B-4750-A2F3-3A2E17DB16DA.jpeg
987D2965-B20B-4750-A2F3-3A2E17DB16DA.jpeg (92.94 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

Re: World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 am

"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

Re: World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm

"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 am

Re: World School Chess Championships 2019

Post by John Higgs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Final player overview and round 9/9 results:

http://chess-results.com/tnr427511.aspx ... NG&flag=30
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

Post Reply