Release 2008

Request amendments or pass comments on this free service.
Mark Whitby

Re: Release 2008

Post by Mark Whitby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Do we have any news on when the new system grades will appear? Hate asking because I know how hard it is getting small things online so big things like this must be an enormous amount of work, just I have a few people asking me when the grades will be on my website which I don't want to update in two bits!

Cheers

Mark

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Mark Whitby wrote:Do we have any news on when the new system grades will appear? Hate asking because I know how hard it is getting small things online so big things like this must be an enormous amount of work, just I have a few people asking me when the grades will be on my website which I don't want to update in two bits!

Cheers

Mark
Which release are you looking for, the new calculations or just the amended and official release?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Mark Whitby

Post by Mark Whitby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Carl,

Sorry for the late reply. I meant the new system grades sorry! My minds been going haywire the last two days as I've been trying to fix my girlfriend's PC as well as update the Stoke league website (www.northstaffsleaguechess.com)

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Mark Whitby wrote:Hi Carl,

Sorry for the late reply. I meant the new system grades sorry! My minds been going haywire the last two days as I've been trying to fix my girlfriend's PC as well as update the Stoke league website (http://www.northstaffsleaguechess.com)
This weekend is the plan (with luck...) but remember the new calculations are for next year and are published more as a guideline than anything else

The current system will be official for this year
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:12 am

Hi Carl,

I've been asked the same question more than once and I dont know the answer (although I can take a logical guess) so hopefully you do!

When calculating ones grade for 2009, will the "new style" 2008 grades be used together with the usual Clarke formula - or will the old style grades still play a part?

Regards

Sean

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:Hi Carl,

I've been asked the same question more than once and I dont know the answer (although I can take a logical guess) so hopefully you do!

When calculating ones grade for 2009, will the "new style" 2008 grades be used together with the usual Clarke formula - or will the old style grades still play a part?

Regards

Sean
A document of explanation will come out at the same time and to be honest I have not read it yet :shock:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard