Second Revision 05.09.2009

Request amendments or pass comments on this free service.
Carl Hibbard

Re: Second Revision 05.09.2009

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Neill Cooper wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:Total changes to 2009 Standardplay grades: 302, of which 275 are by 1 point. Rapidplay: 32, of which 29 are by 1 point.
Previously such changes post the 'published' list were highlighted, I think in a blue background. Could that be done this time? It makes it much easier for me to know which players I need to change in my spreadsheets.
The information wasn't there for me to indicate the "blue" change - checking now if it was supposed to :?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:03 pm

I have confirmed that the latest revision is the version that will become the printed list, so changes in "blue" will only occur after that point

Hope that is clear...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Richard Haddrell

Post by Richard Haddrell » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:30 pm

I know highlighting would have made the changes easier to pick out. I considered it, but in the end didn’t do it because I thought it might be misunderstood. The trouble is, highlighting is supposed to have a different meaning. As Carl says, it means “this grade has changed since the printed list”. Or - which is the same thing - it has changed since the definitive pre-season list, so doesn’t count for eligibility in ECF events. And these grades do.

Maybe I called it wrong. I could have given the highlighting a special one-off meaning. At least you know why I didn’t.