Official Release

Request amendments or pass comments on this free service.
Carl Hibbard

Official Release

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:48 pm

To quote:-

This is the definitive revised pre-season list. It will be used throughout the season for eligibility purposes in ECF Standardplay competitions. It includes corrections to game results and players' details, together with extra games that have come to light. In addition, Junior grades have been extensively revised (see below). Events played later than 31st May 2009 have not been included.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Upham

Re: Official Release

Post by John Upham » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Carl,
When is this latest release scheduled for publication?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm

John Upham wrote:Carl,
When is this latest release scheduled for publication?
About one hour ago...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 pm

First glances suggest that the bulk of the juniors are still at stratospheric levels. The players who were unrated and had their new rating cocked-up seem to have been toned down a little. I am confident others will analyse the latest attempt to death! I wonder if it was done properly or the craziest errors dealt with on an individual basis to reduce the embarrassment?

I am confident that the changes (and the previous version) all have a sound basis both statistically and mathematically. Otherwise, they would not have been published would they?

Carl, Does the download reflect the latest tranche of bodging?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm

John Upham wrote:First glances suggest that the bulk of the juniors are still at stratospheric levels. The players who were unrated and had their new rating cocked-up seem to have been toned down a little. I am confident others will analyse the latest attempt to death! I wonder if it was done properly or the craziest errors dealt with on an individual basis to reduce the embarrassment?

I am confident that the changes (and the previous version) all have a sound basis both statistically and mathematically. Otherwise, they would not have been published would they?

Carl, Does the download reflect the latest tranche of bodging?
The latest calculations (whatever they are...) are in force yes - the help and newgrades pages have also been changed
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 pm

John Upham wrote:I wonder if it was done properly or the craziest errors dealt with on an individual basis to reduce the embarrassment?
I missed this the first time but even I turn pink when faced with the utter tosh of this statement :oops:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard