Clash of dates

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Mike Truran

Re: Clash of dates

Post by Mike Truran » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I will not be listing my chess connections and abilities on this public site - and if you wish, you might therefore wish to assume I have none
OK - given that my research has failed to reveal any hint of your undoubted connections and abilities in the chess world, I'll do as you suggest. :?

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Mike Truran wrote: OK - given that my research has failed to reveal any hint of your undoubted connections and abilities in the chess world, I'll do as you suggest. :?
I believe that the image below may contain a clue:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:27 pm

John Upham .. yes, the above shows one of the many times I have been willing to give up my own time, free of charge, to assist an organised event on behalf of the chess world.

However, such activities have nothing to do with the point in question - and one which Mike Truran has still avoided giving a reasonable answer to, instead of trying to "score points".

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Alan Burke seems intent on arguing. I suggest we ignore him.

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Paul Cooksey ... where is the argument ? All I did was ask a question and Mike Truran failed to answer it in a decent manner.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I imagine Jack will be along, with a net and a pin, to collect this paradox presently. :)

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 am

Alan Burke wrote:Paul Cooksey ... where is the argument ? All I did was ask a question and Mike Truran failed to answer it in a decent manner.
Let me try one more time:

1. For some years it has been the policy of the 4NCL to seek to hold all parts of a round on the same weekend. Where that does not happen, as in this instance, it is because it is not possible for some reason, almost certainly because the desired hotels are not both available at the same time.

2. The split 4NCL weekend would not of itself have caused a clash with the British Rapidplay, as there were still two other weekends in November 2012 which were potentially available. From the information provided by Alex H, it would appear that the British Rapidplay was indeed originally scheduled for one of those two weekends, but that it has now been moved for some reason. As a result there is now a clash with the 4NCL Northern League and, potentially more seriously, with the e2e4 Brighton Congress.

3. For an explanation of the above development, you would have to ask the organisers of the British Rapidplay.
Last edited by David Sedgwick on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 am

Here I am logging in again disturbing my holiday to please ask everyone to play nice?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:53 am

David Sedgwick, many thanks for your explanation ... If you or Mike Truran had posted the above in the first instance instead of sarcastic comments that would have answered the question without further need for any other posts.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 pm

I have thought long and hard about this issue and offer this helpful image:

Not sure of the collective noun but here goes anyway...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: