Northampton rapid (may 7th)

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Joey Stewart

Northampton rapid (may 7th)

Post by Joey Stewart » Fri May 05, 2023 1:54 pm

Fide rated rapidplay taking place this Sunday, for those who might still be interested in entering.

What caught my eye specifically about this one was the entry requirement of only silver Ecf membership - as far as I was aware it is mandatory to have gold to get any games fide rated so either the organiser is risking a potential issue with players not getting any rating or else it is ok to use silver and every other organiser who has forced people to pay the blood money for gold memberships have been lying to us over the years.
I wonder which one is the truth in this situation?
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

LawrenceCooper

Re: Northampton rapid (may 7th)

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri May 05, 2023 2:45 pm

Joey Stewart wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:54 pm
Fide rated rapidplay taking place this Sunday, for those who might still be interested in entering.

What caught my eye specifically about this one was the entry requirement of only silver Ecf membership - as far as I was aware it is mandatory to have gold to get any games fide rated so either the organiser is risking a potential issue with players not getting any rating or else it is ok to use silver and every other organiser who has forced people to pay the blood money for gold memberships have been lying to us over the years.
I wonder which one is the truth in this situation?
Silver membership is fine for rapid.
https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-mem ... g-details/