Page 1 of 1

Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:24 pm
by John Upham
BCN has reviewed

Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

by IM Cyrus Lakdawala

from Everyman Chess

http://britishchessnews.com/2023/02/26/ ... -tarrasch/


_______________________71Bm02RthXL.jpg
Opening Repertoire: Queen’s Gambit Declined: Tarrasch, Cyrus Lakdawala, Everyman Chess (16 Jan. 2023), ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1781946961
_______________________71Bm02RthXL.jpg (222.28 KiB) Viewed 1994 times

Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:15 pm
by Nick Ivell
I've never played it, but I like the idea of ...Bc5. I believe Black is just worse after ... Be7, and nowadays no one, not the merest club player, would play a move as anodyne as Petrosian's Nb3.

Re: Opening Repertoire: Queen's Gambit Declined: Tarrasch

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:19 pm
by Paul Cooksey
Although one of advantages of ...Be7 is it can be played against everything except 1. e4. A couple of people got to IM level using the Quality Chess book as the core of their repertoire.

I would have been interested in how good the ...Bc5 move orders chapter is, although I am probably not the authors target audience.