Page 1 of 1
The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:58 pm
by John Upham
Not a review at all but a question...
I only have the first edition of
The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
but are the later editions different in terms of content?
Re: The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:48 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
I have that book (somewhere...) so I could check my copy. Not sure what edition it is. How long can you wait for an answer? (Someone else will probably provide it quicker.) Do you have the other Smullyan chess books? I have The Chess Mysteries of the Arabian Knights. I think those are the only two sets of chess puzzles (mostly retrograde puzzles, I think, but not sure). Are there others?
[I was slightly disappointed this wasn't a review!]
Re: The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:41 pm
by John Upham
Christopher Kreuzer wrote: ↑Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:48 pm
[I was slightly disappointed this wasn't a review!]
You raise an interesting point.
Reviews of books published many years ago might be a fun thing to do!
We could have
Aron Nimzowitsch: A Reappraisal: A Reappraisal
