Page 1 of 1

Tactical Training In The Endgame

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:53 pm
by John Upham
FM Richard Webb has reviewed Tactical Training In The Endgame

from IM Cyrus Lakdawala and Everyman Chess

in considerable depth.



A1wO4ZCtb1S.jpg
Tactical Training in the Endgame, Cyrus Lakdawala, everyman Chess, Cyrus Lakdawala, 23rd July 2021, ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1781945865
A1wO4ZCtb1S.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1272 times

Re: Tactical Training In The Endgame

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm
by JustinHorton
The reviewer can recall a particular knight and pawn endgame where I jeopardised an easy draw
Either the reviewer is employing the third person or he is not.

Meanwhile back at the book, Lakdawala begins thus:
The premise of Isaac Asimov’s classic I Robot novel is: How does a detective find a murderer among a community of machines who all look and act exactly alike?
This isn't true, is it?

Re: Tactical Training In The Endgame

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm
by John Upham
JustinHorton wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm
Meanwhile back at the book, Lakdawala begins thus:
The premise of Isaac Asimov’s classic I Robot novel is: How does a detective find a murderer among a community of machines who all look and act exactly alike?
This isn't true, is it?

Perhaps CL is referring in some way to Little Lost Robot published in 1947 which I believe is referenced in the 2004 film I, Robot starring The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Re: Tactical Training In The Endgame

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 pm
by JustinHorton
A film I saw, in an old-fashioned fleapit, while attending the British Chess Championships at Scarborough. It remains the worst film I have ever seen at the cinema without leaving early.

But it is not as bad as some of Cyrus Lakdawala's books.