The Chess Endgame Exercise Book, John Nunn, Gambit, 2020
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:05 pm
This is a genuinely great book.
John Nunn “ I hope that this book of endgame exercises will encourage readers to put their brains in high gear to test themselves and to learn about the ending”.
The exercises are graded 1 star (easiest ) to five stars (hardest) . As a c2000 player I didn’t get beyond the three star exercises, in total spending about 10-15 minutes on each exercise with its insightful commentary and natural questions
This book can be a wonderfully enjoyable read for almost all chess players: the introductory sections, to the chapters of exercises, are entertaining and instructive.
One minor critical comment is that I guess reading it is a bit like reading Newton’s Principia Mathematica for the first time
John Nunn “ I hope that this book of endgame exercises will encourage readers to put their brains in high gear to test themselves and to learn about the ending”.
The exercises are graded 1 star (easiest ) to five stars (hardest) . As a c2000 player I didn’t get beyond the three star exercises, in total spending about 10-15 minutes on each exercise with its insightful commentary and natural questions
This book can be a wonderfully enjoyable read for almost all chess players: the introductory sections, to the chapters of exercises, are entertaining and instructive.
One minor critical comment is that I guess reading it is a bit like reading Newton’s Principia Mathematica for the first time