Page 1 of 1

Tony Doran

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:55 pm
by Ian Stephens
With great sadness, a friend, former team mate and Liverpool Chess Club stalwart Tony Doran passed away on Tuesday 5th february. When I first joined the club in 1985 I recall Tonys help and guidance as I found my feet in league and cup competitions, in 1987 it was Tony who organised the clubs 150th Celebration event. I also recall the hospitality he and his wife Ann shown on a cold Sunday 25 years ago when they opened up their home to host an Intermediate club championship match against a Bolton side as our Library venue was closed that day, I played next to a nice warm open fire and the food and refreshments that day were most gratifying! Tony was a genial man and will be fondly remembered.

R.I.P Tony

Ian Stephens
_________________
President of Liverpool Chess Club