Page 1 of 4

The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:05 pm
by Brian Valentine
The July 2015 Grading List should be out shortly.

There is a bit more commentary posted in the other place.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 am
by John Moore
Grading List is now out. Well done to all concerned, principally for ensuring that my grade remains the same!

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:10 am
by Rob Thompson
Early props would appear to go to Sam Chow, whose 16/18 for his first grade places him well into system-breaking territory.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 am
by LawrenceCooper
I've yet to get past "Loading..." for any player or club searches. Anyone else having the same problem?

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:35 am
by Mike Truran
Clicking on 'find players' or 'find clubs' a couple of times seems to work. Not ideal.

It crashed a few minutes ago ('500 error') so maybe not overly robust despite the server changes of a while back?

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:41 am
by Mike Truran
PS The sort functions at the top seem to work (partially) for Oxford City but not for Witney. Very odd. :? :? :?

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:42 am
by Carl Hibbard
Mike Truran wrote:Clicking on 'find players' or 'find clubs' a couple of times seems to work. Not ideal.

It crashed a few minutes ago ('500 error') so maybe not overly robust despite the server changes of a while back?
The server on the grading site has not changed and no don't ask me why.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 am
by Christopher Kreuzer
Mike Truran wrote:PS The sort functions at the top seem to work (partially) for Oxford City but not for Witney. Very odd. :? :? :?
I ran into this glitch. I had to go back to the previous page and click again to reload the list. The sort function seemed to work then.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:55 am
by Christopher Kreuzer
Rob Thompson wrote:Early props would appear to go to Sam Chow, whose 16/18 for his first grade places him well into system-breaking territory.
Four draws and 14 wins. Yet to be defeated! List of scalps includes Chris Beaumont, David Buckley, Robert Eames, Daniel Fernandez. Impressive. Grade of 250 D.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 am
by Steve Rooney
LawrenceCooper wrote:I've yet to get past "Loading..." for any player or club searches. Anyone else having the same problem?
Exactly the same issue here, last night and this morning. It seems to be just about unusable at the moment. I know there may be a lot of activity when it's first published, but there aren't that many graded chess players and surely there is a better solution.

However, downloading the csv file worked straightaway so I would recommend that, although it doesn't give you all the game data of course to check any grades.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:59 am
by Nicky Chorley
I've not played much this season, but I've gone up all the way to 37. Maybe one day I'll reach 100, if I continue to play.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:13 am
by Brendan O'Gorman
Try downloading the grading database

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:48 am
by Mick Norris
LawrenceCooper wrote:I've yet to get past "Loading..." for any player or club searches. Anyone else having the same problem?
Yes, I downloaded the list as Steve suggested and did a data sort, but I'm not sure that works well when a player is listed under more than 1 club/team

I can't attach the list here, as the file is too large

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:00 am
by LawrenceCooper
LawrenceCooper wrote:I've yet to get past "Loading..." for any player or club searches. Anyone else having the same problem?
I can manage one or two searches then need to reload the page or close and re-open the database. A very slow process but better than nothing.

Re: The July 2015 Grading List

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:04 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
Nicky Chorley wrote:I've not played much this season, but I've gone up all the way to 37. Maybe one day I'll reach 100, if I continue to play.
Sure, why not? :)